Your SI7 Dossier

Miscellaneous babblings from the Wildfire Riders and friends!

Moderator: Guild Officer

Bricu

Your SI7 Dossier

Postby Bricu » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:49 pm

Folks:

I am putting together a few notes on a form for an SI7 Dossier. In short, this is a document that would summarize what the Crown knows about your toons. 7 isn't an omnipotent intelligence service, nor is it a collection of fools. It is a solid, but flawed, organization that is loyal to the Crown.

Here are the fields for the Dossier, including a description of them. Please feel free to critique them.
---
Si 7 Seal (already made)
Dossier on: <Name>
Known Aliases:
Prepared by:

Picture/s

The following report on <insert name> was prepared for Master Mathias Shaw by agent 3447. This report is based on first hand accounts, available documentation and interrogations of friends, family and acquaintances.

Verified Background Information

<information here can be verified through documents or primary sources. Birth records, baptism records, adoption records. if there are no records, explain why: For instance, the sacking of Stormwind/Lordaeron City.

Current Status
<update on activities in game, changes in relationships>

Threat Asessment
<A summary on why the characer is a target of interest?

Secondary Sources
<Mention in the papers!>

Suggested Course of Action
How do you want si7 to deal with your character? arrest on site? Kill? Trail? Maybe they're to get a stipend?
I drink to keep you pretty
--

than

Re: Your SI7 Dossier

Postby than » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:45 pm

I think a "Suggested Course of Action" could be put in there somewhere. Like arrest on site, follow discreetly, take no action, but report to commanding officer, etc. Although it might just fit under Threat Assessment, if not be included directly after it.

Bricu

Postby Bricu » Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:22 pm

than wrote:I think a "Suggested Course of Action" could be put in there somewhere. Like arrest on site, follow discreetly, take no action, but report to commanding officer, etc. Although it might just fit under Threat Assessment, if not be included directly after it.

I dig that idea.

I'm going to try and write Bricu's this week, as a guide for folks. Think of the dossier as a two page summary of 8 years. That is pretty large--but based on what I do at work, it's do-able.
--

Chrystenise

Postby Chrystenise » Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:59 pm

Bricu wrote:
than wrote:I think a "Suggested Course of Action" could be put in there somewhere. Like arrest on site, follow discreetly, take no action, but report to commanding officer, etc. Although it might just fit under Threat Assessment, if not be included directly after it.

I dig that idea.

I'm going to try and write Bricu's this week, as a guide for folks. Think of the dossier as a two page summary of 8 years. That is pretty large--but based on what I do at work, it's do-able.

Suggested Course of Action: "Make sure he runs into Haylie Dannis once a week, these vids break 10 millions views on Youtube!"

Lansiron

Postby Lansiron » Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:23 am

This is a good idea, in light of the apparent future developments in the metaplot where it comes to Alliance activities. I dunno...does the crown (or at least, SI) see the Riders as an asset when it comes to the war, or more like a bunch of troublemakers who happen to exist in this town and are therefore Our Problem?

Plus, been meanin' to like, write shit about characters lately, so thanks for presenting something easily-formatted. :V

Shaila

Postby Shaila » Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:38 am

Do you think this would be something SI:7 has on Shaila, as a former SI:7 agent, and a former member of the Exiles? I'd have fun filling one of these out.

Bricu

Postby Bricu » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:43 am

Lansiron wrote:This is a good idea, in light of the apparent future developments in the metaplot where it comes to Alliance activities. I dunno...does the crown (or at least, SI) see the Riders as an asset when it comes to the war, or more like a bunch of troublemakers who happen to exist in this town and are therefore Our Problem?

Plus, been meanin' to like, write shit about characters lately, so thanks for presenting something easily-formatted. :V

One of the goals I have for this summer is to make this as easy as possible. If I Can make it work, I'll be making this as a web form. I figure a little bit of php, css and html and i can do it.
--

Bricu

Postby Bricu » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:44 am

Shaila wrote:Do you think this would be something SI:7 has on Shaila, as a former SI:7 agent, and a former member of the Exiles? I'd have fun filling one of these out.

My thought is this: you walk into the pig and talk with the people at the center table, you get a dossier. Shai, having been an agent, would have a rather hefty file.
--

Lansiron

Postby Lansiron » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:02 am

Awesome. I'm honestly quite looking forward to this. It'll be a great way to dive back into things for those of us (me) coming back around as MoP draws in closer.

Kyraine

Postby Kyraine » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:19 am

I love this idea, and would definitely use it to flesh out a couple of my non-Rider characters.

If nobody's suggested it, how about adding a line for "known associates?"
░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Return to “General”