Help!

Post your RP stories/character descriptions/other cool stuff here!

Moderator: Guild Officer

Fingold

Help!

Postby Fingold » Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:45 pm

So, I'm trying to come up with a way to bring Fin back IC. There's a teeny tiny problem, though: I am absolutely lost as to just what has happened since... wrathgate of wrath times? I think that was around the time I stopped logging on with any regularity and did anything with Fin ICly.

IIRC when I left the excuse was that Fin kinda sorta joined some regiment in Northrend (?). If anybody has used Fin's whereabouts somewhere, that'd be great to know as well as I'd like to avoid forcing peeps to retcon.

Lastly, I've heard little about MoP but I understand Theramore is going to get Southshore'd (NEVER FORGET!) and I was thinking maybe I could have Fin be around there when it happens as the event that brings him back from retirement (FOR JUST THIS ONCE AND THEN HE CAN RETIRE WITH DANNY GLOVER). Theramore having lots of army presence seemed convenient as well.

What I'm asking for, concretely, is if you awesome folks could throw a brother a bone and let me know what are some basic things pretty much anyone would know about the state of affairs in general, and maybe Cliff's Notes on what's been going on with the Riders. Nothing fancy, just the basics to get a feel for how things are.

Very many thanks in advance! I really do miss you all, and hope to be seeing you in game soon. I probably won't be on much, but I'll deffinitely try to make RP nights and such.
Strategery

Bricu

Re: Help!

Postby Bricu » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:44 am

yo.

I dunno how much people have said in game or on the twitter, but:

Fells left. Then we rescued her. There was much rejoicing.

Ulthanon has his story threads going on. He was right.

Illithias was *very close* to Galvan (loche for realz) for a while. She was also very right.

Bricu and Threnn have been chugging right a long, raising Naiara and fighting old gods. Then bricu had a dumb idea that he ran with. Now threnn is worried about the consequences.

Than is literally inventing molecular gastronomy.

There was a street war: Lotus dealers were pushing a cheap form of the drug. They hired an enforcer--the Firebug--and they fucked up Illi and a Lore. Then we hit their warehouse. WE had a sit down. CUrrently, no legit lotus dealers work in Old town.

ANNA AND TARQUIN TAKE VACATIONS TOGETHER AND THEY FLEECE PEOPLE.

Naiara is no longer a princess-ballerina Belf Hunter. Now she is a scared little girl, worried about next week.

--
So... When are we readig Elz fiction or when is he coming back?
I drink to keep you pretty
--

Threnn
Site Admin

Postby Threnn » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:58 pm

Canonically, we left it at Fin continuing his work with the regiment he'd joined up North, so I don't think you'd be in danger of anyone needing to retcon anything when you decide what he's been up to since then.

Like I said in OOC, I figure he and Anna had a few conversations back and forth after they split, maybe wrote a few letters, but she would have disengaged after a while (mostly because she was trying really hard not to be an asshole to Fin, and she probably would have fucked it up somehow sooner or later.) Whether the loss of contact was a mutual thing, or whether Fin kept trying to make the effort but Anna shut him out, I'm fine with either way. Let me know!

Things Fin might hear from afar/on the wings of gossip/by asking around:

--Sometime after the events of the Wrathgate, SI:7 decided it was time to clean up the streets of Old Town. Riders were harassed by the guard, and Tarq had to flee Stormwind for awhile. He took refuge in Dalaran, at Cantrips and Crows.
--Uthas returned. He was granted a pardon. Stormwind rioted. It was not pretty.
--With the Riders' boss out of the city, other Stormwind gangs took it as an opportunity to fill the void. Things got even more violent as some outfits tried tangling with the Riders themselves. Pretty much anyone who could escalate, did.
--This culminated in Thenia al'Cair taking her granddaughter and fleeing the city, after Giorgi was killed and his body left floating in the canal outside the al'Cairs' shop. Problem was, the shop girl who went with them was none other than Maggie Maunt herself, bent on revenge for her dead son.
--Maggie set her ghosts on the Riders and friends. One group went after Maggie and brought her down; Tarq and Uthas found Thenia (who had realized something was Not Right about her shop girl) and brought Naiara home.
--Having seen how much worse off Old Town was without the Riders asserting dominance, a truce of sorts was called between SI:7 and the Black and Red.

--The Riders have invested here and there in Stormwind: a patronage at the Opera House, involvement in merchant affairs, etc. They're not quite upstanding, respected citizens, but SI:7 isn't dogging their every move as much as they used to.

--With the coming of Cataclysm, Chelody went missing when Southshore was attacked by the Forsaken. She was eventually found, but had been badly injured.

--OH SHIT WORGENZ.

--Fells, Zeve, and Shad led some expeditions into Gilneas to see what kinds of shiny, profitable things could be smuggled back to Stormwind: money, deeds, valuables. They brought back quite a haul.

--Kyraine and Pitch (with assistance from Roebar and Rheugan?) have been leading some guerilla-style missions up into Gilneas for a different reason: driving the Forsaken out and reclaiming the land.

--With the approach of Mists, tensions on both sides of the fence have been growing. Bricu decided to make one more call for peace, to see if Alliance and Horde citizens might be able to work together even if their respective leaders can't. It... did not go well. The meeting became a brawl in Dalaran's Underbelly (Illi threw the first punch. THANKS, ILLI), and while there were plenty of injuries, no one was killed. Shaila has gone missing, and Malkavet the Blackheart admitted that he has Beltar Forgebreaker prisoner.

Life changes:
Jolstraer and Ceil are dead (though Verse Swiftblade looks awfully familiar.)
Arrens and Aely got married, as did Chelody and Shaila.
Laurus is no longer in Fells' life, but that's okay -- she's got Shad and Zeve and the kids.
Pitchblack and Windstar had a baby, Loren.

What else am I missing, cats 'n' kittens?

Bricu

Postby Bricu » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:52 pm

Man, I thought Elz was around for Maunt stuff.

I think that's an great recap of the past 2 years.
I drink to keep you pretty
--

Shaurria

Postby Shaurria » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:36 pm

Helping!...

Threnn wrote:
--Kyraine and Pitch (with assistance from Roebar and Rheugan?) have been leading some guerilla-style missions up into Gilneas for a different reason: driving the Forsaken out and reclaiming the land.

It's mostly Roebar and Rheugan handling Gilneas- Ky has helped with meetings and stuff but she hasn't gone on any "missions" yet. Pitch is so far uninvolved (though Rheugan keeps him well-informed).

Pitchblack and Windstar had a baby, Loren.

Pitch and Lark had the baby, after Shad fixed her up. Windstar is currently shacking up with Pitch's sister Jahira.

(So many druids, getting too confusing! :lol: )
Will you carry me down the aisle that final day
With your tears and cold hands shaking from the weight
When you lower me down beneath that sky of gray
Let the rain fall down and wash away your pain

Threnn
Site Admin

Postby Threnn » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:50 pm

Auuuugh I knew it was Lark, too! I was so intent on getting the kid's name right I didn't catch that. XD

Kyraine

Postby Kyraine » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:27 pm

Shaurria wrote:Helping!...

Threnn wrote:

It's mostly Roebar and Rheugan handling Gilneas- Ky has helped with meetings and stuff but she hasn't gone on any "missions" yet. Pitch is so far uninvolved (though Rheugan keeps him well-informed).

Yup, this. Kyr has contacts in Gilneas with the 7th Legion- she served with them during Wrath, and has been helping supply the guerillas. She hasn't gone on any missions yet because of shenanigans with her ward. My squiddie priest, Gervas, has been going with the rebels (because I like shadow priest and DK pvp a lot right now).
░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Fingold

Postby Fingold » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:39 pm

Awesome, awesome, awesome.

Thanks so much, everyone. This is making things a lot easier. I have not yet typed down anything -BUT- ideas are simmering in mah brainz as we speak!
Strategery

Return to “Roleplay”