You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake

Miscellaneous babblings from the Wildfire Riders and friends!

Moderator: Guild Officer

Tirith Elohn

You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake

Postby Tirith Elohn » Fri May 29, 2009 4:24 pm

All of your hopes, dreams, and aspirations, your fears and your loves, your joys and your sorrows, can actually be described with a four-letter type, of which there are only sixteen. Very solemn men, possibly sporting white beards and spectacles, will back me up on this.

Regardless of the actual validity of personality tests, especially simplified internet ones, they are useful inasmuch as they get you thinking. Even more so if you attempt to take them from the perspective of a fictional sword and/or spell-slinging character. I'm pretty sure I or someone else tried to get you all to do this once way back when, but I recently forced my D&D group, all of them total roleplaying neophytes, to take this one and was very pleased with the outcome. For them, it was mostly about hammering in the idea of a character as a different person, but as I suspect you folks have a pretty firm grasp of that already, I'd like to try to take it a few steps further. If you can spare the time, take the test once for your character and once for yourself, and compare not only the two types but the amount of insight that you think the typing provides for yourself and for your character.

Now, I scoffed at the simple true/false questions provided in this one at first, but ended up with the same type as an earlier mucky-muck "professional" version I took in the past. Take from that anecdotal evidence what you will, but go take it. Come on, if you've read this much of my ramblings then you've got some time to waste, how about wasting more time? You know you want to. Do it.

It doesn't have to be that link - that's just the first result google spits out for "myers-briggs." It's an extremely common test, and you can get the same types from dozens of tests, some of them probably quicker and easier.

...done?

Tirith is an ENTJ according to a quick breeze-through of that test. I'm an INTP. The Keirsey description of these types are Fieldmarshal and Architect, respectively, which I find delightfully grandiose. The idea of Tirith as a leader of men is outright hilarious to me, but I wonder if there might not be something to it, after all. I've compared him to Napoleon in the past - he's listed as an "iconic fieldmarshal" - but only because Tirith is similarly short and ruthless.

Bricu

Re: You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake

Postby Bricu » Fri May 29, 2009 4:58 pm

Validity of projective tests based on neofreudian theories of personality?! You'll have more luck with cold fusion!

I'll post my (and bricu's) results soonish
I drink to keep you pretty
--

Bricu

Postby Bricu » Fri May 29, 2009 5:07 pm

Enfj: bricu

Upon looking at the kieisky site, I learned that bricu is like oprah. A very angry, loud oprah.

Edit 2: and ronald Reagan. Really?! Bricu is like Reagan? I'll b
Need rashona or beltar to clarify that for me...
I drink to keep you pretty
--

Itanya_blade

Postby Itanya_blade » Fri May 29, 2009 5:30 pm

Dorritow: ESJF Which makes her like Nancy Regan (scary)
Me: INFJ This makes me like Kant, which pleases me to no end. I've always said I was a Kantian.

Jolstraer

Postby Jolstraer » Fri May 29, 2009 5:41 pm

Jolly-RL: ISFJ - Guardian Protector - Mother Teresa, Jimmy Stewart, George H.W. Bush, Tsar Nicholas II
Jolly-WoW: ESTP - Artisan Promoter - FDR, JFK, Patton, Churchill, and Teddy Roosevelt, among others. Funny.
"I left my home where the dead never rose
But the streets of gold i've yet to find
And at the end of the day all you can do is pray
Without hope well you might as well be blind, yeah be blind
Tomorrow comes a day too soon"

Varenna

Postby Varenna » Sat May 30, 2009 6:57 am

For the sake of the exercise:

Varenna is scored as an INTJ;
Varenna's writer is scored as an INFP.
Personal isn't the same as important.

Safira

Postby Safira » Sat May 30, 2009 8:44 am

IRL Saffy is ISFJ
In-game Saffy is ESFP

Ah, I seem to be a Guardian Protector and Saffy is an Artisan Performer. Fitting, I think.
Last edited by Safira on Sat May 30, 2009 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage

Nykkolaia

Postby Nykkolaia » Sat May 30, 2009 8:47 am

Me: ISFJ
Nykk: ISTJ

I would've taken it posthumously for Mia, but 'light everyone/thing on fire' wasn't one of the answer options.
"It ain't about how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward; how much you can take and keep moving forward." ['Rocky Balboa']

Threnn
Site Admin

Postby Threnn » Sat May 30, 2009 9:31 am

I'm INFJ - idealist/counselor
Threnn's ENFJ - idealist/teacher
Anna's ENFP - idealist/champion

I actually clicked on idealist/healer, to see what it said, wondering if I'd answered something wrong for Threnn, but the teacher one really does seem more accurate.

And, just to see if the idealist thing carried through all my girls, I tried taking it for Davien, too. "Service unavailable, please try later."
(Edit: Davien's ENFJ, same as Threnn. Huh.)

I wouldn't be surprised, though. Idealist strikes me as kind of close to the Visionary category in White Wolf's nature/demeanor part of their character sheets (Old World of Darkness. Can't remember if it's there for NWoD). A ton of my characters were Visionary/something.

Elyle

Postby Elyle » Sat May 30, 2009 9:32 am

ESFJ

I have no clue what that means.
Because there is good and there is evil, and evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I shall not compromise in this.

Return to “General”