In Which Totally Hivemind Has Two Choices

Miscellaneous babblings from the Wildfire Riders and friends!

Moderator: Guild Officer

Hinote

Re: In Which Totally Hivemind Has Two Choices

Postby Hinote » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:09 pm

Lansiron wrote:Once again, Gabby demonstrates her ability to communicate things almost supernaturally well. x_x Thank you!!

Hinote; does that particular concept of a raid sound agreeable to you, or "compatible" with the idea you had?

That pretty much sounds about right, yeah. I'll try to think of more to say later, I just got home from a dentist appointment. >.>

Galedorin

Postby Galedorin » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:14 pm

My scheduling's been a bit acting up lately, (Hoorj last credit classes) though I can toss in my stuff:

While not wanting to be a leader (it quintuples my stress levels something awful) I do have a lot of experience in raiding. My memories usually quite good and I've done multitudes of encounters.

As for characters to offer, that I don't know right now. Had some problems with WoW trying to get on a couple days back, couldn't get past login. Though I think I've figured that out, my intrest isn't horribly high... I blame all the dailys >.>.

Anyway, barring those things, I wouldn't mind continuing.
Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.

Lansiron

Postby Lansiron » Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:13 am

Quick link-drop: http://www.fmroses.us/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1018

That's the discussion Hino started on the Rose board, and looks likely to continue along the lines of this thread here. From what Hino, Chel, and I have been talking about, the prospect of mixing together a good, solid 10-man out of the scattered individuals who make up our respective interested candidates/former Hiveminders is looking to be pretty good.

Hinote

Postby Hinote » Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:19 pm

A quick TL;DR version of what I posted on the Rose boards last night in the thread Lans was nice enough to link:

-Leadership is looking like it's going to be a three-way thing between me (who will be providing boss strategies, making sure our execution is good, and probably cracking the whip every now and then), Chelody (who will be making sure I don't kill anyone via excessive whipping, and just generally being our people person in the group), and Lansiron (who will be master looting, figuring out what drops people want so we can prioritize bosses, and archiving who got what items and when).

-Saturday is our designated raid day, and start time is looking to be around 5pm server time, ending at probably 9. Bear in mind that "start time" means that that's when we're all inside the instance, buffed up, and on the first pull, which means invites will go out about a half an hour before, around 4:30 or so.

-As far as rostering goes, it looks like we need one off-tank and two more DPS, ideally one each of melee and ranged.

For more details, I encourage interested parties to click the link Lans provided. ^^

Jolstraer

Postby Jolstraer » Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:39 pm

I'm in. Can Off- or Main-tank. Only needing one or two more pieces from Naxx-10 anyhoo - namely, the tanky trinket off of Thadd.
"I left my home where the dead never rose
But the streets of gold i've yet to find
And at the end of the day all you can do is pray
Without hope well you might as well be blind, yeah be blind
Tomorrow comes a day too soon"

Lansiron

Postby Lansiron » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:18 pm

Awesome!

How's Nykko feeling about it, herself?

Also; I'm not positive we'll be able to have an actual raid on Saturday, depending on how quickly things come together (and I'm busy myself most of Friday), but I'd like to consider having those of us who're interested getting together in-game at some point during the day to chat about it--OOC to lay down the plan in dry terms, IC to kind of "introduce" the people to each other. Maybe do an OS or a wing or two of Naxx if all involved do show up. Another vague notion of an idea with no formal plan to lay down as of yet, but who's available?

Note: Hivemind is also invited themselves. Their words are wise. Their mind is hive.

Hinote

Postby Hinote » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:06 pm

I'd be all for getting together this Saturday to have people get acquainted, and possibly do something if everyone wants to. Maybe I can throw out calendar invites or something? Or should we wait until we find a tenth person? (Varley signed up while I was in the middle of typing my huge long post last night, which I missed until recently, so with him and Jolstraer we're at nine.)

Chelody

Postby Chelody » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:21 am

That sounds good to me!
I'm not a bitch, I just play one in your life.

Nykkolaia

Postby Nykkolaia » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:58 am

If you need a tenth, I can be available. Although as I haven't played in more than two weeks, I can't promise much for my skill this weekend at almost anything... but where Jolstraer goes, I usually seem to follow.

Edited To Add (When More Awake): I haven't been able to follow all the conversation on this, so... Are particular add-ons or Vent going to be required for this raid now? Because if they are a requirement, I won't be able to come along.
"It ain't about how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward; how much you can take and keep moving forward." ['Rocky Balboa']

Hinote

Postby Hinote » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:20 pm

Nykkolaia wrote:If you need a tenth, I can be available. Although as I haven't played in more than two weeks, I can't promise much for my skill this weekend at almost anything... but where Jolstraer goes, I usually seem to follow.

Edited To Add (When More Awake): I haven't been able to follow all the conversation on this, so... Are particular add-ons or Vent going to be required for this raid now? Because if they are a requirement, I won't be able to come along.

No addons required, Vent is optional. Bear in mind that this is going to call for a lot more paying attention than usual, but I don't think that'll be a problem.

Speaking of Vent though...Tarq, would it be alright if we borrowed the TRI Vent on Saturdays in case any of us want to hang out and poke fun at people who die on Heigan or something? >.>

Return to “General”