Possible WoW Spoilers

Miscellaneous babblings from the Wildfire Riders and friends!

Moderator: Guild Officer

Delion

Possible WoW Spoilers

Postby Delion » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:14 pm

So this is all just guesswork. But Blizzard just trademarked a lot of shit with the word 'Cataclysm'. This is another term for the Sundering with the Maelstrom dealie.

I SMELL A NEW EXPANSION~ :D

And here's the 'proof' for speculation:
http://www.kotaku.com.au/2009/07/what-d ... cataclysm/
http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=70411.0
<Fells> I SEE YOU DELIPON
<Fells> YOU'RE A KLITTY

Lansiron

Re: Possible WoW Spoilers

Postby Lansiron » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:53 pm

Oh, I'm hardly doubtin' it.

I am fully expecting a full dose of Undermine, Nazjatar, Gilneas, Kul Tiras, and the Tomb of Sargeras on the journey from 80 to 90+.

Do it, Blizz.

Aleros

Postby Aleros » Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:35 am

With very little else to do at times in Colorado, I took a slew of Warcraft books along with me. Among my many adventures in reading them, I found that all the more recent books have a paragraph or so that hints at Maelstrom as being the future expansion.

Spoiler:

As Arthas is melding with the Lich King, he sees all events, past present and future, or so it says. Of the like 5 events of Warcraft History (or future as it were) that they tell you about him seeing one of them is a scene of a great city being raised from beneath the waves. It's rather non specific, what he saw could have been Aegwyn raising Sargeras's tomb, but considering it said a city, I'm going to guess it's Azshara.

Lansiron

Postby Lansiron » Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:01 am

And Queen Azshara was awesome.

Since it ties heavily into Night Elf lore, it may also indicate that the trouble that's been building up in the Emerald Dream since vanilla WoW may also finally come to a head here, and that, too, will be an area we can explore.

Not to mention there's also some obscure real estate in the South Seas such as Zandalar Isle. I smell new troll dungeons!

Denne

Postby Denne » Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:06 pm

And here I was hoping the goblins would raise Undermine and have it floating serenely above Northre... I mean, The Maelstrom.

Shaila

Postby Shaila » Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:59 pm

Ahh the Zandalar. And so our genocide of the troll race will be complete, save for the Darkspear.

uthas

Postby uthas » Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:01 pm

Not ruling out the South Seas as the possible next expansion, but I think the Cataclysm thing might take them close to copyright infringement with Krynn.
A rhombus is the kind of rectangle a bitch would draw.

Lansiron

Postby Lansiron » Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:09 pm

My bet's on a new hero class (or possibly more than one), but no new playable races.

Actual possibilities for hero classes are not likely to include Archdruid, because unless it has a completely new mechanic and is nothing like the existing one, they're not going to give us "A druid, but BETTER!" That'd be extraordinarily counterproductive.

That said, I'm not sure what else is viable. Blademaster and Runemaster may be contenders, though Runemasters may feel somewhat redundant given Death Knights also focus on runes as a central theme. Blademaster could be a possibility, though. For some reason I'm picturing a cloth-wearing melee'er with healing or buffing abilities. Death Knights play kind of like a tricked-up Warrior/Rogue with a slight dash of Mage, so Blademaster could be something to the effect of Rogue/Priest. If that's in. Since we're also likely going to Undermine, I recall there was some sort of hero class in past Warcraft material that was a dedicated combat-engineer (Artificer? Mekgineer? I can't recall the exact name), who could also fill a similarly strong support-class role.

The only new races I can picture, though, would be goblins, pandaren, naga, or some new manner of troll.

Naga wouldn't be totally impossible, but they've already said that it'd be a challenge based on their only partly-humanoid physiology. However, I could envision them potentially joining up with either faction. Either through the night elves as an act of reconciliation, or with the blood elves and orcs because they, too, have been cruelly used and abused by the Burning Legion.

Goblins are dedicated to faction-neutrality, but if they ever did become playable, they would quite naturally be Horde.

Pandaren are an outwardly silly joke-race, but I can see how they could be potentially expanded into a multifaceted and dynamic faction from the long running-gag that they were in WC3, if they really wanted to. They, as well, would likely be Horde, given past relations (and face it, the Horde could stand to include an outwardly good-aligned race, what with the vast moral ambiguity of everyone but the tauren and a few key orcs)

A new troll race would obviously join up with the Alliance, and would be viable in light of the fact that there's more than one playable version of elves, too. Not sure exactly who they'd be, though; jungle trolls are out, because the Darkspear have that covered, and the Zandalar themselves are out, because every scrap of fluff concerning them paints them as impartial loremasters and scholars. From who we know so far, that leaves Amani and Drakkari. Amani would join the Alliance out of sheer spite against the Horde that they feel screwed them, and Drakkari would out of sheer gratitude--for those few that remained alive among Zul'drak's population after that whole affair, we pretty much pulled their sorry asses out of the fire.

Not to discount, however, the possibility of them pulling out someone from a relatively obscure/glossed-over corner of the lore, like they did with the Draenei.

However, it's still doubtful they'll do so--they all seem like pretty long shots.

I'm also not seeing any hope for playable ogres. T_T

Though I would not be surprised if they soon began to roll out various upgrades to the appearance of existing races, either. The vanilla WoW races in particular are starting to look more than a little dated.

Fingold

Postby Fingold » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:17 pm

South Seas expansion, huh?

L'ree Lovelace is the new endgame Raid Boss. You heard it here first, folks!
Strategery

Denne

Postby Denne » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:55 pm

I, too, doubt that they'd add new races, but if they did, Hobgoblin is a possibility, separate from the neutral Goblins. They supposedly exist in and around Undermine.

I'd prefer if Pandaran never appear at all, but that they continue to be almost-referenced in every WoW-related April Fools joke. If they ever appear in-game, they'll lose their obscure joke status.

I'd expect a new hero class. I still want to see Battle Mage, though hopefully more robust than what we've seen the Scarlet Crusade employ in Strath.

More than anything else, I'd like the ability to roll a civilian class. Make of it as you will.

Return to “General”