Behind the Greymane Wall... [spoiler warning]

Miscellaneous babblings from the Wildfire Riders and friends!

Moderator: Guild Officer

Alonora
Location: Hiding in those trees ahead, to the left. No. Your other left.

Behind the Greymane Wall... [spoiler warning]

Postby Alonora » Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:45 am

MMO-Champ has a lot of "interesting" things on it... I figured at least this would interest:

New Races
The events of the cataclysm has caused two new races to seek new allies. The Goblins for the Horde and the Worgen for the Alliance.

Goblins
Deathwing once again sought the services of the goblins, as slaves. Unable to refuse such an offer, the goblins were enslaved by him. A large group have resisted however. With their previous homes devastated by the cataclysm, they escaping to an island off the coast of The Barrens. As they strive to recover, they come across an Orc captured on an Alliance ship and rescue him. The Orc turns out to be none other than Thrall himself, and in return offers the Goblins a place within the Horde. These events are carried out in a quest line, allowing players to experience first-hand the reasons behind the Goblins' shift from neutrality.

Worgen
The cataclysm has cracked open the Greymane Wall, finally revealing what has happened to the kingdom of Gilneas and its citizens. With the Worgen curse taken hold, they have found a partial cure, allowing thme to retain their Human minds even when transformed. Venturing forth from Gilneas and seeking help from the Alliance, they have decided to join them, to combat the new threats of Cataclysm.

Gilneas will make extensive use of the phasing system (much like the Death Knight starting area), to show what happened while the kingdom was cut off from the rest of the world and lead up to present day.

Worgens will have two forms, a Worgen form and a Human form. Players will be able to customise the look of both forms.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php

Aleros

Re: Behind the Greymane Wall... [spoiler warning]

Postby Aleros » Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:25 am

I'd save this discussion for after it's either officially confirmed or disproved by Blizzard. Sometime next weekend.

Denne

Postby Denne » Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:25 pm

I cry foul on anything that suggests that anything more than one Merchant Prince's goblin factions allies with the Horde. I can see one Goblin faction finding such a course to be the only way to survive, but not the entire Goblin race. No different from the Darkspear, really.

The game cannot function as it does now without (a neutral) Booty Bay, and it's not worth their effort to circumvent existing zones with new alternatives. I don't care about rumors of a widely-altered Azeroth. They're going to work on content and place it where people will see and interact with it, not wholly undo mountains of work that'd already been put in place.

Lansiron

Postby Lansiron » Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:06 pm

But that's where the phasing comes in. It sounds like a highly ambitious and risky development, but it's one of those things that could theoretically fall under "just crazy enough to work".

Alonora
Location: Hiding in those trees ahead, to the left. No. Your other left.

Postby Alonora » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:45 pm

Well, my curiosity lies mainly in how the potential opening of the Greymane Wall would affect many characters.
As for whether this will happen or not... I honestly don't care to speculate until things happen, but it should be said that MMO-Champ is very rarely wrong these days. I suppose all we can do is wait and see.
I, for one, am very curious about the potential of all this. Maybe not so much icly about the Greymane aspect of things, since my druidess couldn't care less about that, buuuut... The Highborne? Now, that'd be something. Introducing mages to the Night Elves made me groan at first, and then ask from what ass they'd pulled them. But Eldre'Thalas and its story has always been central to my interest in the lore of this game. (Or what Lore is left, after Blizzard trying to accommodate everyone, and after Metzen's memory lapses, anyway. ;) )

Denne

Postby Denne » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:01 pm

I haven't read it, but I've been told that speculation is that they will phase all of Azeroth? I highly doubt that they would purposely break their own Recruit a Friend program that way. Want to hold a guild meeting somewhere? Better make it in Outland. Just... no.

I much prefer the speculation about another Azeroth accessible through the Caverns of Time with back-and-forth travel.

Shaila

Postby Shaila » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:22 pm

What if all this talk about a 2nd version of Azeroth is just misinterpreted findings that actually point to the Emerald Dream?

Emerald Dream is essentially a 2nd version of Azeroth after all, one that hasn't been influenced by civilization.

Aleros

Postby Aleros » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:42 pm

Highborne... hmm...

Ale: Awww hell naw

But I will be rolling one. Just because I am that big of a nerd for nelf lore.

Lansiron

Postby Lansiron » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:52 pm

Illithias wrote:So, like, Blizz put the phased Azeroth in to THROW US OFF THE CASE but the Devs said that they SEED ALL CHANGES INGAME PRIOR so what do the Graymane Wall mean OBVIOUSLY it's not Worgen or Goblins but Highbourne quests, ERGO SOMETHING TO DO WITH Classes/Race so after some EXTENSIVE DATAMINING AND THEORYCRAFTING we've come to the conclusion that the third expac will introduce Nagasaur HERO CLASS or a Goblin Sapper HERO CLASS or a Protoss HERO CLASS or a Lord British CHARACTER SKIN. I have forum posts which support my theories.

(updated via reliable sources I have within the Weekly World News)

I'm officially believing this until...no...unless Blizzcon proves otherwise.

And hell...at least if they introduce Highborne, that fixes my dilemma of what to do with Morgandel (Lans' dad, for the unaware. A very silly person).

Aleros

Postby Aleros » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:05 pm

Roll a highborne with me Lans!

Return to “General”