Account Compromised

Miscellaneous babblings from the Wildfire Riders and friends!

Moderator: Guild Officer

Ceil

Account Compromised

Postby Ceil » Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:52 am

I think Del let you guys all know this in game, but just to make sure it's out there: my account's been compromised as of tonight (10/17). I have no idea what the damage is thus far and if I was keylogged, I can't find the program yet - working on that. I have reason to believe they merged my account with a new b-net account under their email, so this might take a while to fix. Until then, if you see any of my chars in game, it's sure as hell not me.

Gryphonheart

Re: Account Compromised

Postby Gryphonheart » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:27 am

:(

...On the plus side, you'll probably get a free penguin pet out of them merging your WoW account into a B.net one. ;)
My heroes had the heart to lose their lives out on the limb. All I remember is thinking I want to be like them.
Ever since I was little, ever since I was little, it looked like fun—And it's no coincidence I've come...And I can die when I'm done

Delion

Postby Delion » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:36 am

ImposterCeil has logged on a couple times since, hasn't responded to whispers, but was demoted to not being able to use gbank. Blargh.
<Fells> I SEE YOU DELIPON
<Fells> YOU'RE A KLITTY

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:50 am

We saw you log on to the SWB-you a few times tonight, but since you're in the Abyss there's no guild bank access.

:(

Delion

Postby Delion » Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:20 am

So the hacker left WFR, and has been doing the rounds. <BoD> just got their gbank gutted by Sonna.
<Fells> I SEE YOU DELIPON
<Fells> YOU'RE A KLITTY

Bricu

Postby Bricu » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:06 am

the hacker is still online as of 10:06 am CST. I'm reporting it as well.
I drink to keep you pretty
--

Ceil

Postby Ceil » Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:41 am

I got a mail back from a GM saying they reset my password and sent it to the account's registered email address...at the email address I should have gotten the reset PW at. So they're almost definitely merged it with another b-net account.

And now my gmail account is reporting suspicious activity. Still can't find the trojan or keylogging program with Spybot or AVG. I am very sorry, guys.

Fells

Postby Fells » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:04 pm

Don't worry at all about the damages on your WoW account - even if they stay online for a good while, you (and the gbanks) will be taken care of.

What are you using to check for keyloggers?

EDIT: Guys, there's no need to re-report this.

Ceil

Postby Ceil » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:07 pm

Spybot and AVG right now. AVG is worthless, Spybot found a couple of things, but nothing that I could straight up identify as anything WoW related. I'm very close to system restoring to before when I reinstalled WoW last week and going out and finally buying some virus protection. Tsosh has recommend TrendMicro.

Edit: And thank you all for re-reporting stuff on my behalf, but like Fells said there's not really any need now. I've already gotten the 'we're looking into it' email. But thank you, I really do appreciate it.

Fells

Postby Fells » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:40 pm

Try Avast?

Return to “General”