Page 2 of 4

Re: Feathermeet 2009 early warning system

Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:43 am
by Ulthanon
Midwest Meetup pl0x.

Re: Feathermeet 2009 early warning system

Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:07 pm
by Fells
If I can snag a cheapo air ticket, I will be there like shareware.

Re: Feathermeet 2009 early warning system

Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:39 pm
by Aleros
Mom, being a Veterinarian, just happens to be going to a Vet convention in Seattle July 11-14. And she's willing to bring me along so I can do my own thing. Awright.

Re: Feathermeet 2009 early warning system

Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:14 pm
by Alonora
Aelflaed wrote:What we need is a Texas Feathermeet.

Sometime not in July though >.>
/agree

Re: Feathermeet 2009 early warning system

Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:00 am
by Tarq
RIGHT! Sorry this took so long; had some permit shenanigans that had to be worked out, but everything is set up.

The picnic itself is at Dr. Jose Rizal Park in central Seattle, starting at noon on Saturday, July 11th. There'll be a grill there; I'm thinking the standard sort of hot dogs-hamburgers-etc stuff with whatever side dishes people are apt to bring. We're not really supposed to drink there, but, y'know, a plastic cup looks like a plastic cup. Just keep it in moderation. Plenty of time for that elsewise. :)

We can communicate here with regards to who's bringing what, if you have any specific you'd like to provide or could just pitch in five bucks for burgers or what have you. I'm thinking of doing some shopping the day before to get stocked up. So there's that!

On Friday July 10th, I have the upstairs room of Paddy Coyne's booked starting at 7:30 PM; they have a pretty good tap and do great pub food (highly recommend the shepherd's pie.) I figure that'd be a cool way to spend the evening. Saturday night after the BBQ, we could hit more bars, or I gather at my (somewhat cramped) apartment, or really whatever folks wanna do.

I understand there are some plans being made to check out cool Seattle stuff on Sunday, like the Flight Museum, Experience Music Project, Underground Tour, etc. I'll be around for whatever myself.

Any questions, clarifications, food ideas, what have you - post away!

Re: Feathermeet 2009 early warning system

Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:37 am
by Itanya_blade
I assume that Bika and I are bringing side-dishes and veggie things as usual?

Re: Feathermeet 2009 early warning system

Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:39 am
by Tarq
By all means!

Re: Feathermeet 2009 early warning system

Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:41 am
by Aelflaed
I will be attempting a chocolate pretzel icecream pie, barring issues arranging for oven/freezer. I've got a cooler set up I think, from someone else that's coming, that'll get it to the meet up.

Re: Feathermeet 2009 early warning system

Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:44 am
by Bellesta
Hmm.

Think we're still gonna want someone in Portland to swing by Cash and Carry (restaurant supply store) to get beef/buns/hotdogs in bulk 4cheapos?

Given that I'm no longer down the street from them, not sure if it's worth it anymore.

Re: Feathermeet 2009 early warning system

Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:04 pm
by uthas
I can get one of my roommates with a . . . membership card . . . .to a warehouse outlet place like Sam's Club, but isn't Sam's Club . . . .thing . . . to take Reuben and I to said place to get bulk stuff for cheap.