Oh where, oh where has that Anna gone?
Posted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:01 am
Apologies for my absence of late. Most of you know I started a new job about two weeks ago (at Half Price Books, a used book store). Since I'm the stooge at the bottom of the totem pole (there's one person "newer" than me, but she's a transfer, and has almost 2 years of working for another store under her belt), I have no consistent schedule at all. I might be working 9-5 today, and 2:30-11pm tomorrow. My "weekends" are during the week, and sometimes not two days together, and I work closing or opening shifts on weekends for the forseeable future.
It's been hard for me to adjust - I'm kind of a "schedule" person - I like things to be predictable, and I really don't like change, and this is anything but predictable and a HUGE change. It's a good change - being unemployed for the last year was not exactly stellar - but it's still ... well, change. /grump
Add to that cooking, house stuff, my garden (which may or may not be much of a garden this fall, we'll see), and the fact that I have houseguests from Friday to Wednesday of next week (my best friend, her husband, and their 7 month old), I'm stretched really thin right now.
Hopefully things will settle down, and as I get some "tenure" at work I'm hoping I'll start to have at least a predictable schedule. (I become a "legit" employee after 8 weeks - basically they have an 8 week "trial" period after which they can decide if they like me or not, separate from the official reviews every 6 months) Once that happens, I'll probably be able to play again, because I'll know in advance what I need to do and when things will get done - for now I'm not sure if I'm doing laundry on Thursday or Monday, or when the lawn will get mowed, etc. Makes me cranky XD
I miss you all, and I miss playing and RP (and writing. I miss writing a lot. Also plotting with you guys about crazy upcoming things) - but even when I do have an hour or two to log in, I don't really seem to do much. I'm still here though, and still have my email and gtalk for those that have it (PM me if you don't).
<3
Anna
It's been hard for me to adjust - I'm kind of a "schedule" person - I like things to be predictable, and I really don't like change, and this is anything but predictable and a HUGE change. It's a good change - being unemployed for the last year was not exactly stellar - but it's still ... well, change. /grump
Add to that cooking, house stuff, my garden (which may or may not be much of a garden this fall, we'll see), and the fact that I have houseguests from Friday to Wednesday of next week (my best friend, her husband, and their 7 month old), I'm stretched really thin right now.
Hopefully things will settle down, and as I get some "tenure" at work I'm hoping I'll start to have at least a predictable schedule. (I become a "legit" employee after 8 weeks - basically they have an 8 week "trial" period after which they can decide if they like me or not, separate from the official reviews every 6 months) Once that happens, I'll probably be able to play again, because I'll know in advance what I need to do and when things will get done - for now I'm not sure if I'm doing laundry on Thursday or Monday, or when the lawn will get mowed, etc. Makes me cranky XD
I miss you all, and I miss playing and RP (and writing. I miss writing a lot. Also plotting with you guys about crazy upcoming things) - but even when I do have an hour or two to log in, I don't really seem to do much. I'm still here though, and still have my email and gtalk for those that have it (PM me if you don't).
<3
Anna