BrrrrrrRRRRRrrrrzzZZzzzzzzzGGggggGgggggrrrrzzz....
Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:00 pm
^
That is the sound my computer is currently making when turned on. It's coming from the power supply. It's like a grinding hum. It makes the entire case (and in turn my desk) vibrate. The fan is still spinning, tapping where the fan is changes the tone of the grinding/humming. The noise is loud enough to be heard across the house.
I have tried several times to clean it out with condensed air, to no avail. Checked the screws and mounting for the supply, and it's really secure. The age old 'smack it where the buzzing is to make it stop' doesn't work.
I talked to my grandfather on the phone, but he won't be home until late tonight. He says it sounds like the PS is dying. This baffled both of us since it's less than 7 months old.
It's an Logisys ATX 20/24 or so says the case. It's found here: http://www.logisyscomputer.com/viewsku. ... owersupply
I don't think I'm putting a heavy load on it. It's a max output of 480w and the only major power-hog in the system is a Radeon HD 4850, which shouldn't need any more than what I had.
Anyone have any more troubleshooting recommendations? Meanwhile, I am going to see who I can sell my soul to in exchange for computer parts >_>
That is the sound my computer is currently making when turned on. It's coming from the power supply. It's like a grinding hum. It makes the entire case (and in turn my desk) vibrate. The fan is still spinning, tapping where the fan is changes the tone of the grinding/humming. The noise is loud enough to be heard across the house.
I have tried several times to clean it out with condensed air, to no avail. Checked the screws and mounting for the supply, and it's really secure. The age old 'smack it where the buzzing is to make it stop' doesn't work.
I talked to my grandfather on the phone, but he won't be home until late tonight. He says it sounds like the PS is dying. This baffled both of us since it's less than 7 months old.
It's an Logisys ATX 20/24 or so says the case. It's found here: http://www.logisyscomputer.com/viewsku. ... owersupply
I don't think I'm putting a heavy load on it. It's a max output of 480w and the only major power-hog in the system is a Radeon HD 4850, which shouldn't need any more than what I had.
Anyone have any more troubleshooting recommendations? Meanwhile, I am going to see who I can sell my soul to in exchange for computer parts >_>