Page 1 of 2
I color lolz.
Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:33 pm
by Chrystenise
Finally got around to attempting to color the Raya picture like I promised Lans I would. =P
I'm personally happy with it, despite obvious little things. Moreso happy with the fact that I actually finished it.
Yes, yes, she did butcher a pair of Hakkari Warblades in the name of Battlefield Fashion©!
Re: I color lolz.
Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:40 pm
by Itanya_blade
I love the blue of the armor.
Re: I color lolz.
Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:45 pm
by Chrystenise
I was trying to make it match the Death Knight set that you obtain originally through starter quests and the Naxx off-set gear. It was way too dull at first, so I made it lighter. Glad it's noticeable. =D
Re: I color lolz.
Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:40 pm
by Lansiron
The glowy red makes that ghoul look even more deranged. I love that damn guy.
Also: pink, lawl
Re: I color lolz.
Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:45 pm
by Itanya_blade
It's really fantastic, Gabbers,
I r totally amazed by your talent at coloring.
Re: I color lolz.
Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:46 pm
by Ceil
Hot damn that is some impressive shading + coloring work. Awesome job!
Re: I color lolz.
Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:12 pm
by Chrystenise
My first actual attempt at shading. I used a black and white of Red Monika, drawn by Ed Benes. Definitely not professional quality, but I'm pretty proud of it. =D
Re: I color lolz.
Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:55 pm
by Shaila
*points* That is a butt.
Re: I color lolz.
Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:35 pm
by Delion
Colours are great! All I can suggest is it needs more depth - lighter (and MORE) highlights, darker shadows. I mean, when you look at things like the gloves, Benes has gone all-out with shadow and shine. Don't be afraid of shadow, and more highlights.
Little example - the leg closest to us, where it joins the butt? That entire shape looks flat and 2D. I know for a fact butts are curvy, as my friend Shaila above me can also attest. Add some shadow into that area at the base of the buttocks, and that alone will help.
And hair is a pain in said buttocks, but even a small amount of bright, stark highlight will make that stand out too.
But damn it looks good so far!
Re: I color lolz.
Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:10 am
by Denne
I was able to see it earlier, but now Photobucket seems to have taken offense to your coloring.