Page 1 of 1

B.net Mondays

Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:30 pm
by Gryphonheart
Earlier today in PerfidyChat, the idea of having B.net Mondays came up, and I stated I'd make a forum post about it, so here goes:

The idea behind B.net Mondays is to have a day of the week where we Perfidyites can hang out and socialize while playing something other than our collectively favorite MMO. Since Blizzard has a series of highly anticipated games coming out "soon™", and since the upcoming B.net updates will allow these new games to communicate directly into WoW, not to mention the fact that the existing B.net-compatible games (StarCraft, Diablo 2, and WarCraft 2BNE/3) are all pretty kick-ass, playing these other Blizzard titles seems to be the most logical non-WoW choice. Also, since Thursdays and Fridays are reserved for TRI raiding, Tuesdays nights are for RPz, Wednesdays have already been claimed by the Pantsless faction, and weekends are generally filled with real life things and 10-mans, Monday looked like the least intrusive day to have another regular weekly event.

Anyway, now that the explanation is out of the way, the point of this post is two-fold:
  1. To solicit feedback on such an event. Feedback such as:
    • Is this something that may interest you?
    • Would you attend such an event?
    • Which realm (US West, US East, Europe, etc.) do you think this should take place on?
    • Is Monday a bad day for you?
    • How would you prefer it be run (folks just pop up on B.net on their game of choice and play along with whoever else is on the same game, or cycle through the games on a weekly basis to maximize people to play with—kinda like battleground holidays)?
    • Who should we invite to participate (mainly Perfidyites, all of Feathermoon, WoW Bloggers/Twitterati, the general WoW populace, etc)?
  2. To compile a list of peoples' WoW and B.net aliases so we know who's who.
Thoughts?

(This post has been cross-posted on the TRI boards at http://totallyraiding.com/forum/viewtop ... f=4&t=2767)

Re: B.net Mondays

Posted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:12 am
by Bricu
When SC2 comes out, I will definitely be on board for some time. That being said, come december, my time is going to be crazy again ( hoooray Java 1) I would tend events depending on time. I believe I'm in the US East area
2) I'm not get D3. Just SC2.
3) I'm an elitist: I think we should stick with Perfidy and then expand as we find necessary. I prefer playing online games with people who know the basic rule of TRI: Don't be a dick

4) I believe my Alias is officergleason@gmail.com