Page 1 of 2
The "I'VE GOT A PRETTY NEW COMPUTER AZEROTH TOUR!"
Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:29 pm
by Bricu
So in four weeks, I should have a new machine and more time before Java I. So, I need a list of places/instances to visit with graphics turned ALL THE WAY UP.
What are people recommending and who wants to go on the tour with me?
Re: The "I'VE GOT A PRETTY NEW COMPUTER AZEROTH TOUR!"
Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:06 pm
by Tarq
I'm in. Will try and think of cool places to visit.
Re: The "I'VE GOT A PRETTY NEW COMPUTER AZEROTH TOUR!"
Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:42 pm
by Delion
Crystalsong Forest at full view and shadows. Those glowy trees are brilliant.
Also the frozen battle outside the Hodir place - almost always snowing there, and when that music kicks in it really gets you.
Re: The "I'VE GOT A PRETTY NEW COMPUTER AZEROTH TOUR!"
Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:14 pm
by Denne
Being at ground level anywhere around Wyrmrest with shadows turned on is particularly cool.
Re: The "I'VE GOT A PRETTY NEW COMPUTER AZEROTH TOUR!"
Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:18 pm
by Aelflaed
Zangarmarsh is actually pretty incredible all the way turned up, as is Sholazar. The Kvaldir Mists area of Borean Tundra, basically any flightpath in Howling Fjord - but particularly high up on the bluffs in the south.
Feralas (particularly the top of the Twin Colossals).
Duskwood or Tirisfal would also probably be good, if only because long distance imaging really helps with the spooky. (You could also look through the
wallpapers I have up at the blog... you know I really need to finish processing the rest of those)
Re: The "I'VE GOT A PRETTY NEW COMPUTER AZEROTH TOUR!"
Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:41 pm
by Aleros
Stratholme for RP reasons. Maraudon is pretty amazing, so is Blackfathom with full screen glow turned on. Green dragonshrine is really pretty. Fly all over northrend, being able to see for a long distance while flying over places is really neat.
Re: The "I'VE GOT A PRETTY NEW COMPUTER AZEROTH TOUR!"
Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:46 pm
by Shad
Farm in Wintergrasp for a bit while the battle's not going. Shadows will make you jump. Whole different game.
Then do a Wintergrasp battle. It will prove to you that even the prettiest computer can't handle that.
Re: The "I'VE GOT A PRETTY NEW COMPUTER AZEROTH TOUR!"
Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:11 pm
by Fells
The glowy cave in Un'Goro.
Re: The "I'VE GOT A PRETTY NEW COMPUTER AZEROTH TOUR!"
Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:16 pm
by Beltar
Roll a Tauren and check out Mulgore, at night, from the top of Thunder Bluff.
Re: The "I'VE GOT A PRETTY NEW COMPUTER AZEROTH TOUR!"
Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:54 pm
by Thiyenn
Fly over the red dragonshrine and check out Wyrmrest. It's so pretty.