Denne had a dream last night!

Miscellaneous babblings from the Wildfire Riders and friends!

Moderator: Guild Officer

Denne

Denne had a dream last night!

Postby Denne » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:00 pm

Hello, all. I feel the need to share the dream I had this morning. Please, enjoy.

I was playing an alpha build of a multiplayer online game that combines Terraria with Touhou, and I was really good at it. As the dream progressed, it changed to first-person and I was seeing things as my avatar. Someone showed me how to build a didgeridoo out of Lego to blow at trees to shake items from them, and as someone who owns one in real life, I figured I would be awesome at it and was able to produce not didgiridoo sounds but controllable trumpet pitches.

But I suddenly decided that it was time to go solo an old raid instance that I hadn't been to for several WoW updates, so I flew over to Hellfire Citadel since it was right there so I could run Blackwing Lair. (??) My subconcious remembered that there's a part for rogues to do, but this new updated one was amazing.

I had to stealth my way through two floors of rooms packed with top-heavy metal music stands and various percussion instruments such as cymbals and chimes. Obviously, knocking any of these over would break stealth in a spectacular way. On the first floor, there were three musicians having an important conversation while setting up their instruments. I had to maneuver through them and their movements to make it to the stairs.

The second floor was more densely packed and had an NPC moving about resetting things as they were moved. To progress, I had to turn the stands and instruments on their pivots while she wasn't looking and be further along before she came to set them back as they had been. Things were going well until the halfway point of the long room.

All this time, the conversation downstairs continued, and they began to argue until they all decided that they needed to hurriedly check on whatever it was I was after. At this time, they stormed up the stairs and began pushing three lines through the obstacles to head in my direction. Phase change, the second floor NPC was no longer an issue with their swath being carved. I had to beat them there unnoticed.

Best stealth challenge ever.

It was three minutes into my workday that I realized my subconscious played a pun on me. Percussion Room <=> Suppression Room.

Dalbarr

Re: Denne had a dream last night!

Postby Dalbarr » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:13 pm

That's pretty amazing. I remember the Suppression Room somewhat fondly. I'm sure it was very different for rogues.

Aelflaed

Postby Aelflaed » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:21 pm

That's pretty awesome.
[5.OOC] Beltar: Hammer of What The Fuck Were You Thinking

Lansiron

Postby Lansiron » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:28 am

Denne.

You're weird.

Denne

Postby Denne » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:33 pm

Yes. Yes, I am.

Tarq

Postby Tarq » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:32 am

That last bit sounds kind of amazingly fun.
Now hang me by this golden noose
'Cause I never been nothin' but your golden goose
Silver tongue don't fail me now
And I'll make my way back to you somehow

Return to “General”