I color lolz.

Miscellaneous babblings from the Wildfire Riders and friends!

Moderator: Guild Officer

User avatar
Chrystenise
Posts: 740
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:14 pm

I color lolz.

Post by Chrystenise »

Image

Finally got around to attempting to color the Raya picture like I promised Lans I would. =P

I'm personally happy with it, despite obvious little things. Moreso happy with the fact that I actually finished it.

Yes, yes, she did butcher a pair of Hakkari Warblades in the name of Battlefield Fashion©!
User avatar
Itanya_blade
Posts: 638
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:08 pm

Re: I color lolz.

Post by Itanya_blade »

I love the blue of the armor.
User avatar
Chrystenise
Posts: 740
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:14 pm

Re: I color lolz.

Post by Chrystenise »

I was trying to make it match the Death Knight set that you obtain originally through starter quests and the Naxx off-set gear. It was way too dull at first, so I made it lighter. Glad it's noticeable. =D
User avatar
Lansiron
Posts: 823
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:45 pm
Location: Austin, TX
Contact:

Re: I color lolz.

Post by Lansiron »

The glowy red makes that ghoul look even more deranged. I love that damn guy.

Also: pink, lawl
User avatar
Itanya_blade
Posts: 638
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:08 pm

Re: I color lolz.

Post by Itanya_blade »

It's really fantastic, Gabbers,

I r totally amazed by your talent at coloring.
User avatar
Ceil
Posts: 129
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:29 pm
Contact:

Re: I color lolz.

Post by Ceil »

Hot damn that is some impressive shading + coloring work. Awesome job!
User avatar
Chrystenise
Posts: 740
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:14 pm

Re: I color lolz.

Post by Chrystenise »

Image

My first actual attempt at shading. I used a black and white of Red Monika, drawn by Ed Benes. Definitely not professional quality, but I'm pretty proud of it. =D
User avatar
Shaila
Posts: 372
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:18 am

Re: I color lolz.

Post by Shaila »

*points* That is a butt.
User avatar
Delion
Posts: 446
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:45 pm
Location: Australian Capital Territory

Re: I color lolz.

Post by Delion »

Colours are great! All I can suggest is it needs more depth - lighter (and MORE) highlights, darker shadows. I mean, when you look at things like the gloves, Benes has gone all-out with shadow and shine. Don't be afraid of shadow, and more highlights.

Little example - the leg closest to us, where it joins the butt? That entire shape looks flat and 2D. I know for a fact butts are curvy, as my friend Shaila above me can also attest. Add some shadow into that area at the base of the buttocks, and that alone will help.

And hair is a pain in said buttocks, but even a small amount of bright, stark highlight will make that stand out too.

But damn it looks good so far!
<Fells> I SEE YOU DELIPON
<Fells> YOU'RE A KLITTY
User avatar
Denne
Posts: 376
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:04 pm

Re: I color lolz.

Post by Denne »

I was able to see it earlier, but now Photobucket seems to have taken offense to your coloring.
Post Reply