Battle.net Account Merging

Miscellaneous babblings from the Wildfire Riders and friends!

Moderator: Guild Officer

Post Reply
User avatar
Aleros
Posts: 215
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:18 am

Battle.net Account Merging

Post by Aleros »

We've all heard about it, but Blizzard has finally put a date on the forced Battle.net account merger. If you haven't merged your World of Warcraft account with a Battle.net account by November 12th, then you will no longer be able to log in; only Battle.net accounts will be able to log into World of Warcraft. However, by merging, at least you get a cute penguin vanity pet?

To merge your account go to http://us.battle.net/?rhtml=y and hit the big yellow button and follow the directions. There's nothing bad or negative at all about merging your account, other than having to type in your email address as opposed to a username when logging in. I know a lot of Chaos folks awhile back didn't want to merge because they'd heard Battle.net accounts were more susceptible to hacking, or were inexplicably unable to log in, or some other slew of random stuff. I haven't had a single problem with it, and I merged as soon as it became available.
User avatar
Aelflaed
Posts: 609
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:10 am
Location: The Swamp
Contact:

Re: Battle.net Account Merging

Post by Aelflaed »

The login issue was a legit one, as battle.net accounts are on a separate set of authentication servers, and that particular set of servers was really unstable for a bit at the beginning. Since then we've seen both the battle.net AND the normal authentication servers go down, so there's really no difference on that front anymore.
[5.OOC] Beltar: Hammer of What The Fuck Were You Thinking
User avatar
Fells
Posts: 831
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:16 am
Location: Keno

Re: Battle.net Account Merging

Post by Fells »

Yep! That was a temp thing. BNet = <3. Do eet.
Image
Gryphonheart
Posts: 162
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:43 am
Contact:

Re: Battle.net Account Merging

Post by Gryphonheart »

Aleros wrote:...There's nothing bad or negative at all about merging your account...
But there's tons of positive stuff about merging your account, such as opt-ins for Blizzard betas, the ability to register your old Blizzard games (although, not all of them :( ) so you can re-download/reinstall them without having to carry the disks/CD keys with you all the time, and shop at the Blizzard Store all from a single account (which can be protected via authenticator). There's pretty much no reason to not merge. ;)
Image
My heroes had the heart to lose their lives out on the limb. All I remember is thinking I want to be like them.
Ever since I was little, ever since I was little, it looked like fun—And it's no coincidence I've come...And I can die when I'm done
User avatar
Delion
Posts: 446
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:45 pm
Location: Australian Capital Territory

Re: Battle.net Account Merging

Post by Delion »

Hi, I'm Liam Dooley from such places as Australia, and Down Under. As you can see from our great customer reviews above, Battle.net accounts are really fantastic, and can enrich both your gaming experience, and your life! And those are no paid actors, either.

I've had a Battle.net account since the start. Its a very simple process, is easy to do, and gives me peace of mind about the security of my game account. My characters enjoy it too - don't worry Mr. Oreweave, no one is going to hack into your bank account!

Not only does it give you peace of mind, but also has so many great benefits, why wouldn't you want to join the millions of people already enjoying their merged accounts?

Best of all its free, and has no known side-effects to date*. Just visit the official Battle.net website to start your journey today! Remember, Battle.net is your safety net.



*May cause; frustration at not finding your original CDs to upload to your account. Future use of Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3 has yet to be tested at the time of this infomercial.
<Fells> I SEE YOU DELIPON
<Fells> YOU'RE A KLITTY
User avatar
Chrystenise
Posts: 740
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:14 pm

Re: Battle.net Account Merging

Post by Chrystenise »

My battle.net account didn't come with broadband internet.

$&$@ those dudes.
User avatar
Aleros
Posts: 215
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:18 am

Re: Battle.net Account Merging

Post by Aleros »

Also, you can throw previous Blizzard games on your battle.net account and it will save them to your account and you can download the client complete with your CD Key from your Battle.net account, so you never have to worry about losing your CDs again. In fact, I found all of my copies of Diablo 2, Expansion set, and Warcraft 3 and Frozen Throne. Oddly, I have one extra spare CD key of each just laying around because I bought two copies of all of them, having lost them at some point or another.
User avatar
Shaila
Posts: 372
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:18 am

Re: Battle.net Account Merging

Post by Shaila »

That was very exciting. After I merged my accounts it went back to my games page, and it was all SHAZAM! and added WoW to my games list with a big sound effect.

I wanna do it again. SHAZAM!
User avatar
Itanya_blade
Posts: 638
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:08 pm

Re: Battle.net Account Merging

Post by Itanya_blade »

Chrystenise wrote:My battle.net account didn't come with broadband internet.

$&$@ those dudes.
Are you really sure you should be $&$@ing in your condition?
Post Reply