The "I'VE GOT A PRETTY NEW COMPUTER AZEROTH TOUR!"

Miscellaneous babblings from the Wildfire Riders and friends!

Moderator: Guild Officer

User avatar
than
Posts: 93
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:26 pm

Re: The "I'VE GOT A PRETTY NEW COMPUTER AZEROTH TOUR!"

Post by than »

Inner Maraudon!
User avatar
Fingold
Posts: 163
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:52 am
Location: Monterrey (two r's), Mexico.
Contact:

Re: The "I'VE GOT A PRETTY NEW COMPUTER AZEROTH TOUR!"

Post by Fingold »

Aw, c'mon, where's the computer specs pron?
Strategery
User avatar
Lansiron
Posts: 823
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:45 pm
Location: Austin, TX
Contact:

Re: The "I'VE GOT A PRETTY NEW COMPUTER AZEROTH TOUR!"

Post by Lansiron »

Dude, seriously, everywhere.

Alright, specifics?

Azuremyst Isle, as you're crossing the river outside Ammen Vale, face north.
Moonglade, Ashenvale, or Teldrassil, particularly around water.
The ruins in the northern part of Darkshore.
Anywhere in Azshara.
Flying over Arathi Highlands.
Westfall at sunrise or sunset.
Walking the road through Stonetalon up from the Barrens.
The Abyssal Sands in Tanaris.
Overlooking Un'goro Crater (particularly since they've increased the view distance)
Anywhere in Anh'Qiraj.
The Hatchet Hills in the Ghostlands (just outside Zul'aman)
The Bone Wastes.
The forested western area of Blade's Edge Mountains.
Tempest Keep.
Shadowmoon Valley. Gaze upon the Fist of Gul'dan and the Black Temple. Gaze upon them.
Howling Fjord, particularly the boat in from Menethil. The shorelines in general. The uplands in general. All that which is in the shadow of Utgarde Keep. The valley north of Westguard where you hear Yogg-Saron's whispers for the first time.The foothills around Gjalerbron. Fucking hell just Howling Fjord. Everywhere.
The central river basin in Sholazar, as well as it's southern flows.
Anywhere in the Borean Tundra viewed from the air.
The Storm Peaks, from ground and sky.
Ulduar. Ulduar. Oh god, Ulduar, inside and out.

This is just to start, honestly. Have all your graphics turned up, effects maxed out, everything. Pull back. Look at how colors move together and are used amidst one another. Check out the sincere majesty of some of these places.

You don't really get it from the regular perspective, when you're mostly just looking at the general area around your character and maybe somewhere off in the distance you're trying to get to...but WoW is truly a shining example of how to do art direction. Screw that "browner is better" trend in video games these days.
User avatar
Aelflaed
Posts: 609
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:10 am
Location: The Swamp
Contact:

Re: The "I'VE GOT A PRETTY NEW COMPUTER AZEROTH TOUR!"

Post by Aelflaed »

Oooh - I forgot one.

Watch a sunset from the roof of the inn in Booty Bay (go to the horde flightmaster and hop off onto the roof) - it's spectacular! Happens between 8:45 and 9:15 server (ish)
[5.OOC] Beltar: Hammer of What The Fuck Were You Thinking
Bricu
Posts: 1488
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:41 pm
Location: CHICAGO!
Contact:

Re: The "I'VE GOT A PRETTY NEW COMPUTER AZEROTH TOUR!"

Post by Bricu »

Fingold wrote:Aw, c'mon, where's the computer specs pron?
kk:
27in.jpeg
27in.jpeg (8.83 KiB) Viewed 3774 times
27-inch (viewable) LED-backlit glossy widescreen TFT active-matrix liquid crystal display with IPS technology

ATI Radeon HD 4850 graphics processor with 512MB of GDDR3 memory

2.8GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor with 8MB shared L3 cache

4GB (two 2GB SO-DIMMs) of 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM

1TB HDD (Which I will partition three ways: X, some linux distro and Win 7)

Connections and expansion
One FireWire 800 port; 7 watts
Four USB 2.0 ports
SD card slot
I drink to keep you pretty
--
Image
Bricu
Posts: 1488
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:41 pm
Location: CHICAGO!
Contact:

Re: The "I'VE GOT A PRETTY NEW COMPUTER AZEROTH TOUR!"

Post by Bricu »

More importantly, thank you for this extensive guide. I almost forgot about Stratholme... I've never seen it with the specs turned up.
I drink to keep you pretty
--
Image
Bricu
Posts: 1488
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:41 pm
Location: CHICAGO!
Contact:

Re: The "I'VE GOT A PRETTY NEW COMPUTER AZEROTH TOUR!"

Post by Bricu »

The Tour has a date now! I received confirmation that my machine will be here 11/17.... which is no good for me, since that's hannon's birthday, and she comes before my beautiful new computer. That weekend doesn't work because that's shannon's bday weekend.

SO! 11/23-11/29, excluding T-day, I'm down for exploring. I'm going to get Explorer and Loremaster that weekend (maybe Well-Read using Ale's guide), so if anyone wants to join me, I'll provide the lolz and "oooh its so pretty!" over vent.

WORD
I drink to keep you pretty
--
Image
Post Reply