THOSE shows.

Miscellaneous babblings from the Wildfire Riders and friends!

Moderator: Guild Officer

User avatar
Yva
Posts: 784
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:48 pm
Contact:

THOSE shows.

Post by Yva »

So I just finished the last season of Six Feet Under and sobbed for . . . 3 episodes straight. It's /totally amazing/. I know we all have tv that we love, but man. I can honestly say I liked this -more than Rome- and prolly on par with Californication's first two seasons. It takes a lot for me to say that. So, if you haven't seen it yet, do yourself a favor.

GO DO IT.
So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste. Use all your well-learned politesse or I'll lay your soul to waste.
User avatar
Israia
Posts: 137
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:04 am
Location: Fresno, CA
Contact:

Re: THOSE shows.

Post by Israia »

Wow, really?

Huh. Okay. I've been wanting another good series to keep up with- hopefully I can get this quick, before Christmas, so I can watch the show over the weeks afterward without interruption.

Everyone still needs to watch The Wire. (Two links there)
User avatar
Delion
Posts: 446
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:45 pm
Location: Australian Capital Territory

Re: THOSE shows.

Post by Delion »

I'm one of those people that just doesn't watch TV at all. I only just saw Firefly and Serenity recently, if that gives you some indication of how silly I am with following TV shows. I also only really get into them halfway through, after roomies and partners force me to watch them, or watch like 6 whole seasons of something over two weeks, and I go from (using Battlestar Galactica as an example) "lol are they a cylon. Are THEY a cylon. I bet THAT one is a cylon." to being on the edge of my seat and nailbiting and getting laughed at because I not a few days ago was making fun of it.

I enjoyed The West Wing despite being very cynical of it to start with. Also Studio 60, I think. I couldn't get into The Wire, but I only saw a few eps.

It also comes to my attention that I haven't finished watching Battlestar because I wanted to watch episode after episode and Chris got bored. Remedying ASAP.
<Fells> I SEE YOU DELIPON
<Fells> YOU'RE A KLITTY
User avatar
Yva
Posts: 784
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:48 pm
Contact:

Re: THOSE shows.

Post by Yva »

Yeah, I don't watch tv when it's on, more when I can catch whole seasons. The only shows I made an exception for/are House and Californication, and this third season of Californication is kinda 'Meh". I watched Fringe for a while but haven't felt a huge desire to go back to it for some reason.

To Do List:

Carnivale (which I have on dvd)
Deadwood
The Tudors season 2 & 3
The Wire
The West Wing. Again.
So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste. Use all your well-learned politesse or I'll lay your soul to waste.
Bricu
Posts: 1488
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:41 pm
Location: CHICAGO!
Contact:

Re: THOSE shows.

Post by Bricu »

Shannon are watching Farscape. We finished Alias--the first three seasons are full of win--a few months ago.

Currently, the show of shows for us is Community. That shit is hysterical.
http://www.nbc.com/community/
I drink to keep you pretty
--
Image
User avatar
Delion
Posts: 446
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:45 pm
Location: Australian Capital Territory

Re: THOSE shows.

Post by Delion »

I've been on a comedy kick lately, actually, Chris and I watching every episode of Big Bang Theory and 30 Rock when they come out.

Community looks a lot like the British show Teachers. That was a good show.
<Fells> I SEE YOU DELIPON
<Fells> YOU'RE A KLITTY
User avatar
Israia
Posts: 137
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:04 am
Location: Fresno, CA
Contact:

Re: THOSE shows.

Post by Israia »

Delion wrote:I've been on a comedy kick lately, actually, Chris and I watching every episode of Big Bang Theory and 30 Rock when they come out.

Community looks a lot like the British show Teachers. That was a good show.
I can't recommend Better Off Ted enough. It's on Hulu, though I dunno if Hulu is Aussie yet ><
User avatar
Delion
Posts: 446
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:45 pm
Location: Australian Capital Territory

Re: THOSE shows.

Post by Delion »

Israia wrote:I can't recommend Better Off Ted enough. It's on Hulu, though I dunno if Hulu is Aussie yet ><
It is not. Australians have to "illegally download" things as it is literally the only way we can view a lot of shows. Then our ISPs get letters from TV network companies saying "This customer is stealing from us when they can watch our shows free online at our website or on Hulu or iTunes". Which we can't. Because we're region locked out of everything. Don't get me started on this crap.

Keeping on topic, I've been recently introduced to Flight of the Conchords. And I think there's a layer of humor there that mostly only Aussies and Enzeders will get, so its got a special place in my heart. I hear there is a season 2, but I have yet to see it.
<Fells> I SEE YOU DELIPON
<Fells> YOU'RE A KLITTY
User avatar
Yva
Posts: 784
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:48 pm
Contact:

Re: THOSE shows.

Post by Yva »

Flight of the Conchords is amazing. :D
So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste. Use all your well-learned politesse or I'll lay your soul to waste.
Duugvilder
Posts: 58
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:57 pm

Re: THOSE shows.

Post by Duugvilder »

These are the shows I still watch religiously, and suggest the everyone check out:

Castle - Yes, it's a cop procedural, but Nathan Fillion sells the show and it's a blast.

Better Off Ted - Genuinely quirky and funny. Portia De Rossi is so great in it that I'm starting to check out Arrested Development.

Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations - If you love or hate travel shows, this is the show for you. Bourdain is a great guide through places as varied as Moscow, Baltimore, the Azores, Ireland, Buffalo, the pacific Northwest, Quebec, Brazil, and Japan (twice).

Fringe - It would amaze me if I REALLY need to mention this show on these boards.

Lie To Me - Another procedural. Tim Roth, Kellie Williams, and Mekhi Phifer lead a damned solid cast. Oh, and last week's episode featured Felicia Day...and she could become a recurring character. Felicia Day. Huzzah!

Venture Bros. - If you don't already know, this started out as essentially a spoof of those (awful, in my opinion) Hannah-Barbera action cartoons (Johnny Quest, for example) and somewhere along the way became the best animated series on TV. A ridiculously well-balanced mix of action, adventure, and humor, this show has something to attract every stripe of fanboy/fangirl. Half the fun lies in trying to figure out how the season will come together with so many plots and subplots, and it never disappoints. And I'll admit it: Dr. Mrs. Monarch knocked Lois Griffin out of the #1 spot of "Fanboy Crush - Animated Edition."
Post Reply