Australian Games Classification Thingy

Miscellaneous babblings from the Wildfire Riders and friends!

Moderator: Guild Officer

Post Reply
User avatar
Delion
Posts: 446
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:45 pm
Location: Australian Capital Territory

Australian Games Classification Thingy

Post by Delion »

Here's the links as promised. You may not be able to read the second as its on the .au site.

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2009/12/hey-st ... ing-games/

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2009/12/atkins ... ral-panic/
<Fells> I SEE YOU DELIPON
<Fells> YOU'RE A KLITTY
User avatar
Lansiron
Posts: 823
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:45 pm
Location: Austin, TX
Contact:

Re: Australian Games Classification Thingy

Post by Lansiron »

You know, I figured that there was something going on here. Australians don't seem like a bad bunch in general.

One thing struck me as particularly alarming, though, when it comes to this Atkinson fellow:
meaning the only way Australia’s classification laws are liable to change is if he dies
As trivial as the issue at hand may seem to some I cannot help but think: Never, ever give people a reason to legitimately want you dead.

Because people can be sort of crazy.
User avatar
Delion
Posts: 446
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:45 pm
Location: Australian Capital Territory

Re: Australian Games Classification Thingy

Post by Delion »

Especially if those people, as a whole, play violent videogames, amirite?
<Fells> I SEE YOU DELIPON
<Fells> YOU'RE A KLITTY
User avatar
Lansiron
Posts: 823
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:45 pm
Location: Austin, TX
Contact:

Re: Australian Games Classification Thingy

Post by Lansiron »

Delion wrote:Especially if those people, as a whole, play violent videogames, amirite?
Definitely.

However, I hold to my theory that's it's not GTA, Call of Duty, God of War, or any of those that are the root of the rage at the gamer's psyche.

No. It comes from a far more ancient and malevolent force.

Duck Hunt.

It placed a gun in our hands. In our hands! Yet armed as we were, we were deprived of the ability to snuff out the real source of our anger: that hateful, giggling dog.

I think about that game, and inevitably it leads me to the conclusion that killing is cool.
Post Reply