So how many of you have done this?

Miscellaneous babblings from the Wildfire Riders and friends!

Moderator: Guild Officer

User avatar
Dravir
Posts: 140
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:00 pm
Location: British Columbia, The Frozen North

Re: So how many of you have done this?

Post by Dravir »

Pfft. Retail.

Try working the warehouse that supplies all the stores. That's hell. 16 hours of hell some days.

...please come faster Boxing Day. I want my double-time and a half 14 hour day.
Avers: My God, the Anals o Darrowshire is a pain in the ass when you have four chicks who need it.
User avatar
Aleros
Posts: 215
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:18 am

Re: So how many of you have done this?

Post by Aleros »

Shaila wrote:
Never actually worked in retail myself
Looking back at Petsmart, I wish I could say this.
Yeah... I've worked on food service.

Odd story though, I worked at this grill, one time this lady asked for a hamburger with the usual lettuce and tomato, etc.

She looked at the hamburger, asked me what the hell the green stuff was. Told her it was lettuce. She said "That's not lettuce, lettuce is white."

/facepalm @ McDonalds and Burger King
User avatar
Shaila
Posts: 372
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:18 am

Re: So how many of you have done this?

Post by Shaila »

That's so depressing, Ale...
User avatar
Denne
Posts: 376
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:04 pm

Re: So how many of you have done this?

Post by Denne »

User avatar
Aleros
Posts: 215
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:18 am

Re: So how many of you have done this?

Post by Aleros »

We used green leaf lettuce since it was healthier for you than iceberg lettuce, but I went back into the kitchen anyway, found the iceberg lettuce we used for some salads and shredded it up a bit for her.

The manager asked me what I was doing, told her, she laughed and then quoted "The customer is always right."
Post Reply