Page 2 of 2

Re: So how many of you have done this?

Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:46 pm
by Dravir
Pfft. Retail.

Try working the warehouse that supplies all the stores. That's hell. 16 hours of hell some days.

...please come faster Boxing Day. I want my double-time and a half 14 hour day.

Re: So how many of you have done this?

Posted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:20 am
by Aleros
Shaila wrote:
Never actually worked in retail myself
Looking back at Petsmart, I wish I could say this.
Yeah... I've worked on food service.

Odd story though, I worked at this grill, one time this lady asked for a hamburger with the usual lettuce and tomato, etc.

She looked at the hamburger, asked me what the hell the green stuff was. Told her it was lettuce. She said "That's not lettuce, lettuce is white."

/facepalm @ McDonalds and Burger King

Re: So how many of you have done this?

Posted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:03 am
by Shaila
That's so depressing, Ale...

Re: So how many of you have done this?

Posted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:42 am
by Denne

Re: So how many of you have done this?

Posted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:52 pm
by Aleros
We used green leaf lettuce since it was healthier for you than iceberg lettuce, but I went back into the kitchen anyway, found the iceberg lettuce we used for some salads and shredded it up a bit for her.

The manager asked me what I was doing, told her, she laughed and then quoted "The customer is always right."