Page 1 of 1

Re: Remember when 10man Scholo was srs biznss?

Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:56 pm
by Denne
Ah, Dire Maul. Good old Dire Maul. No one has put out a "LFG" call for your wings in years, and yet people today insist that those leveling through their teens not refer to Deadmines as DM to avoid supposed confusion.

Re: Remember when 10man Scholo was srs biznss?

Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:35 pm
by Aelflaed
I never understood the DM/DM confusion. A simple "shift click" on the name of the person in LFG solved it quickly, as did any epithets (LF2M DM-West was obviously not Deadmines).

Maybe I'm just weird.

Re: Remember when 10man Scholo was srs biznss?

Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:54 am
by Beltar
Well, as I said last night when somebody asked "so why are the new 5-man and the new raid both called ToC"..."Blizzard, we don't just recycle our artwork, we recycle our acronyms!" :)

Re: Remember when 10man Scholo was srs biznss?

Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:28 am
by Alonora
Deadmines is VC, clearly! >.> And he'll pay good for your head!

Re: Remember when 10man Scholo was srs biznss?

Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:30 pm
by Denne
When we get Heroic Deadmines, to avoid confusion I will simply refer to it as "Heroic Awesome."

Re: Remember when 10man Scholo was srs biznss?

Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:43 pm
by Gryphonheart
Denne wrote:When we get Heroic Deadmines, to avoid confusion I will simply refer to it as "Heroic Awesome."
The only question I have is...will Deadmines be as heroic as it can be? :lol:

Re: Remember when 10man Scholo was srs biznss?

Posted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:46 am
by Denne
I conceptualized a Heroic Deadmines experience a while back, then altered it to be CoT: Deadmines when I gave up on Blizz ever adding Heroic versions of existing dungeons. The crowning moment of it was that, through your arrival to the final room being delayed, you get there in time to witness the launch of the ship. As it sets off up the coast toward Stormwind, you have to mount up for a vehicle battle wherein you must destroy its cannons before it reaches the harbor. Once that is done, you board the ship to battle a much more difficult EVC. I'm going to hold onto hope that what they produce is at least that different.

Re: Remember when 10man Scholo was srs biznss?

Posted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:03 am
by Gryphonheart
Denne wrote:I conceptualized a Heroic Deadmines experience a while back, then altered it to be CoT: Deadmines when I gave up on Blizz ever adding Heroic versions of existing dungeons. The crowning moment of it was that, through your arrival to the final room being delayed, you get there in time to witness the launch of the ship. As it sets off up the coast toward Stormwind, you have to mount up for a vehicle battle wherein you must destroy its cannons before it reaches the harbor. Once that is done, you board the ship to battle a much more difficult EVC. I'm going to hold onto hope that what they produce is at least that different.
Yep, I remembered you explaining that idea elsewhere. I didn't want to copy it, so I avoided the entire notion of nautical combat altogether. Although I've gotta say, it's probably the best Heroic Deadmines idea I've ever heard. :D