Out of action
Moderator: Guild Officer
Out of action
So after unsuccessfully attempting to install a new video card yesterday, I went back to the old one and promptly got an inactive fan on my motherboard, a strong smell of burning, and a complete lack of monitor input. So, uh, something is dead. My folks are gonna help me out with getting a new one together, but until I do I'm not going to be ingame and my online presence will be generally scarce. Hopefully I'll be back in a couple weeks.
Now hang me by this golden noose
'Cause I never been nothin' but your golden goose
Silver tongue don't fail me now
And I'll make my way back to you somehow
'Cause I never been nothin' but your golden goose
Silver tongue don't fail me now
And I'll make my way back to you somehow
- Chrystenise
- Posts: 740
- Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:14 pm
Re: Out of action
You have like, the worst computer luck of anyone I've ever met. Hope you get a new one sooner than later. =(
Re: Out of action
Let me know if I can help at all, I've got some spare parts kicking around here that my grandfather might be willing to part with.
Otherwise, I'll likely give you a call sometime soonish, to hang out or something.
Otherwise, I'll likely give you a call sometime soonish, to hang out or something.
Re: Out of action
Warnings for fans breaking should be a standard windows feature, that and temperature monitors that flash a warning on your screen when it's getting too hot. Naturally able to turn it off for those that like to run hot. But still, remembering to download fan and temperature monitors is kind of a pain, and I don't even use them most of the time because I keep forgetting to turn them back on when I turn them off.
Hope you get your stuff fixed soon!
Hope you get your stuff fixed soon!
Re: Out of action
Tarq wrote:So after unsuccessfully attempting to install a new video card yesterday, I went back to the old one and promptly got an inactive fan on my motherboard, a strong smell of burning, and a complete lack of monitor input. So, uh, something is dead. My folks are gonna help me out with getting a new one together, but until I do I'm not going to be ingame and my online presence will be generally scarce. Hopefully I'll be back in a couple weeks.
obviously, you need to upgrade to a series of abacus and slide rule based processors.
- Itanya_blade
- Posts: 638
- Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:08 pm
Re: Out of action
Dude,
you burn out components more often than I do. and that's saying something.
you burn out components more often than I do. and that's saying something.
Re: Out of action
Well, I have a working computer. It loads Firefox at about the speed of sound, if that sound is the Bloop, Gchat is blocked by my network administrator (which I will speak to him about as soon as I figure out who the fuck that is), and one of the fans is periodically making a high-pitched squealing noise sort of like Feliche does when he tanks. But at least I can stay in touch with you beautiful people, finish Season 3 of Venture Brothers, and of course, find porn.
Now hang me by this golden noose
'Cause I never been nothin' but your golden goose
Silver tongue don't fail me now
And I'll make my way back to you somehow
'Cause I never been nothin' but your golden goose
Silver tongue don't fail me now
And I'll make my way back to you somehow
Re: Out of action
The Bloop is C'thulhu sleeping at the bottom of the Ocean... Your computer is clearly a gateway to R'yleh
Re: Out of action
Gtalk enabled. Did you know that your security certificates tend to be fucked up when your computer thinks it's 2002?
Now hang me by this golden noose
'Cause I never been nothin' but your golden goose
Silver tongue don't fail me now
And I'll make my way back to you somehow
'Cause I never been nothin' but your golden goose
Silver tongue don't fail me now
And I'll make my way back to you somehow
