Out of action

Miscellaneous babblings from the Wildfire Riders and friends!

Moderator: Guild Officer

Tarq
Posts: 1021
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:12 am
Location: Wherever the trouble is.
Contact:

Out of action

Post by Tarq »

So after unsuccessfully attempting to install a new video card yesterday, I went back to the old one and promptly got an inactive fan on my motherboard, a strong smell of burning, and a complete lack of monitor input. So, uh, something is dead. My folks are gonna help me out with getting a new one together, but until I do I'm not going to be ingame and my online presence will be generally scarce. Hopefully I'll be back in a couple weeks.
Now hang me by this golden noose
'Cause I never been nothin' but your golden goose
Silver tongue don't fail me now
And I'll make my way back to you somehow
User avatar
Chrystenise
Posts: 740
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:14 pm

Re: Out of action

Post by Chrystenise »

You have like, the worst computer luck of anyone I've ever met. Hope you get a new one sooner than later. =(
Bellesta
Posts: 395
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:14 pm
Location: British Columbia

Re: Out of action

Post by Bellesta »

Let me know if I can help at all, I've got some spare parts kicking around here that my grandfather might be willing to part with.

Otherwise, I'll likely give you a call sometime soonish, to hang out or something.
User avatar
Aleros
Posts: 215
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:18 am

Re: Out of action

Post by Aleros »

Warnings for fans breaking should be a standard windows feature, that and temperature monitors that flash a warning on your screen when it's getting too hot. Naturally able to turn it off for those that like to run hot. But still, remembering to download fan and temperature monitors is kind of a pain, and I don't even use them most of the time because I keep forgetting to turn them back on when I turn them off.

Hope you get your stuff fixed soon!
Bricu
Posts: 1488
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:41 pm
Location: CHICAGO!
Contact:

Re: Out of action

Post by Bricu »

Tarq wrote:So after unsuccessfully attempting to install a new video card yesterday, I went back to the old one and promptly got an inactive fan on my motherboard, a strong smell of burning, and a complete lack of monitor input. So, uh, something is dead. My folks are gonna help me out with getting a new one together, but until I do I'm not going to be ingame and my online presence will be generally scarce. Hopefully I'll be back in a couple weeks.

obviously, you need to upgrade to a series of abacus and slide rule based processors.
I drink to keep you pretty
--
Image
User avatar
Itanya_blade
Posts: 638
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:08 pm

Re: Out of action

Post by Itanya_blade »

Dude,
you burn out components more often than I do. and that's saying something.
User avatar
Thiyenn
Posts: 156
Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:02 am

Re: Out of action

Post by Thiyenn »

D:
Tarq
Posts: 1021
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:12 am
Location: Wherever the trouble is.
Contact:

Re: Out of action

Post by Tarq »

Well, I have a working computer. It loads Firefox at about the speed of sound, if that sound is the Bloop, Gchat is blocked by my network administrator (which I will speak to him about as soon as I figure out who the fuck that is), and one of the fans is periodically making a high-pitched squealing noise sort of like Feliche does when he tanks. But at least I can stay in touch with you beautiful people, finish Season 3 of Venture Brothers, and of course, find porn.
Now hang me by this golden noose
'Cause I never been nothin' but your golden goose
Silver tongue don't fail me now
And I'll make my way back to you somehow
User avatar
than
Posts: 93
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:26 pm

Re: Out of action

Post by than »

The Bloop is C'thulhu sleeping at the bottom of the Ocean... Your computer is clearly a gateway to R'yleh
Tarq
Posts: 1021
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:12 am
Location: Wherever the trouble is.
Contact:

Re: Out of action

Post by Tarq »

Gtalk enabled. Did you know that your security certificates tend to be fucked up when your computer thinks it's 2002?
Now hang me by this golden noose
'Cause I never been nothin' but your golden goose
Silver tongue don't fail me now
And I'll make my way back to you somehow
Post Reply